Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Sickness

This last week I have been crazy sick. On Sunday I went to the Instacare because I thought I had an ear infection. The doctor told me that I had fluid on my ear and that I was fine. He said to go home and take a few hot showers and I should be ok. Well as part of my becoming sickness I had a cough, sore throat, and was beginning to get sinus pressure. Monday morning I got up and went to work as if all was fine. Tuesday morning I did the same thing. With my job I always have Wednesdays off and at this point I was very grateful because I felt as though I was getting worse. All day Wednesday I laid around sleeping and coughing. That night I started to get paid in my left eye. It was red and was putting out some pretty nasty goopy stuff. So I went to bed hoping it would go away. The next morning my eye was so swollen it looked like I was in a fight with Rocky! My eyelid had swelled up so tight that the skin was shiny and very red. My eye was glued shut and I could even keep it open. I grabbed a hot washcloth and put it on my eye thinking it might change something. I called into work and said I would not be coming. During the day the swelling went down and my eye was starting to look a lot better. It was still very red, but it didn't hurt and was on the mend. Later that night at about the exact same time my right eye did the exact same thing! It started to get red and was doing the nasty goop thing! I couldn't believe it. So this morning I decided to go back to the Instacare to see what the heck is going on with my eyes. I didn't think it was pink eye because that is supposed to be very painful and make your eyes really red. Mine only hurt when they were doing the goop thing and then they were just red. So this morning the doctor proceeded to tell me that my oxygen level has gone down 6 points and I need to be careful because that could lead to pneumonia, and I have some something with conjunctivitis. That is why my eyes are all red and swollen. He gave me a Z Pac and also a prescription for my eyes. He said to only take the Z Pac and if it doesn't start to get rid of the redness in my eyes to fill the other. I told him I have to go to work tomorrow and said I wear contacts. He told me with the eye drop prescription he gave me I would have to take my contacts out to put the meds in, and then said he didn't know how much better I will be by tomorrow. Thanks a bunch doc! Now I just have a bunch of worrying to do and still have these crazy red eyes and what feels like the whooping cough!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

1. I lu-uv the new look of your blog. Super cute.
2. I hope hope hope you are feeling better by now.
3. Is it possible to spread illness over the phone? My eye was glued shut Saturday morning and Daisy said I looked like a monster!

JadeLuckMoney said...

I also love the new look. And just wanted to say that conjunctivitis *is* Pink Eye.